About Ms. Reed
Madeline Reed was born in Berkeley, California, but has been a resident of Hawai’i Island since 2003.
Before moving to Hawai’i, she graduated cum laude from Columbia University in 2000.
In 2009, Ms. Reed graduated summa cum laude from the William S. Richardson School of Law,
where she served on the University of Hawai’i Law Review, earned an Environmental
Law Certificate, and won a number of awards for academic achievement.
Before entering into private practice in 2011, Ms. Reed worked for the Law Firm of
Crudele & De Lima and for the Legal Aid Society of Hawai’i.
- Solo Private Practice since 2011
- Legal Aid Society of Hawai’i, Staff Attorney
- Crudele & De Lima, Associate
- University of Hawai’i Law Review, Executive Editor for Research
- County of Hawai’i Corporation Counsel, Law Clerk
- Professor David Callies, Research Assistant
- Office of the Public Defender, Intern
- State Bar of Hawai’i, 2009
- Federal District Court, 2010
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Hawai’i, William S. Richardson School of Law, Honolulu,
- B.A., cum laude, Columbia University, Columbia College,
New York, New York 2000, Astronomy & English.
Honors and Distinctions
- Environmental Law Certificate
- CALI Awards for the Highest Grade: Criminal Procedure, Real Property I,
Real Property II, Trusts & Estates, Federal Income Taxation, Comparative Takings,
- Frank D. Gibson Jr. Scholarship
- McCorriston Miller Mukai MacKinnon Scholarship
- Rush Moore Craven Sutton Morry & Beh Award
- Advocates for Public Interest Law Grant
- The Law Office of Madeline Reed is a proud sponsor of the Waimea Wranglers Rough Rollers women's flat track roller derby team! Go Wranglers!